Embedded Software - QC-475Project type: Research
Desired discipline(s): Engineering - computer / electrical, Engineering, Engineering - other
Company: SpaceBridge Inc
Project Length: 6 months to 1 year
Preferred start date: As soon as possible.
Language requirement: English
Location(s): Saint-Laurent, QC, Canada; Canada
No. of positions: 2
Desired education level: Undergraduate/Bachelor
About the company:
SpaceBridge Inc. is an established supplier and global market leader in broadband satellite communications systems technology. Headquartered in Montreal, Canada. SpaceBridge Inc. is well-positioned to meet the demands of today’s global market by developing and providing satellite network equipment and services for GEO and NGSO satellite constellations. SpaceBridge Inc. is working in close partnership with New-Space players to advance the satellite communications landscape by developing VSAT technology to exploit next-gen leaps incapacity.
Describe the project.:
- Design innovative products in the IP networking domain
- Real-time design and development for embedded software programming
- Software development for test and verification
- Analysis and performance optimization for communication software
- Embedded software architectural design
- Development of s/w applications for test and verification
- Work with other engineering disciplines to develop techniques to identify problems to root cause and resolve quickly.
- Breakdown assignments into tasks, estimate the time for each task and keep them within the resulting schedule
- Create competitive and cost-effective products
- Providing customer support
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or relevant field
- Experience in the development of embedded real-time software
- Experience with Programming Languages/Operating Systems: C, C++, LINUX
- Experience with other operating systems is considered a plus
- Ability to work very well in a team environment and independently
- Experience in the design of Satellite Ground segment-based Hubs, Terminals, Modems and Routers, and associated equipment is of particular interest.
- Knowledge of DVB-RCS and satellite communications is a definite asset
- Experience with the use of JTAG debuggers, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and spectrum analyzers are also an asset
- Ability to describe successfully completed hardware implementations.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills.
- Good documentation, communication, organizational skills