Natural Language Processing and Generation for Conversational Qualitative Research Platform - ON-539Project type: Research
Desired discipline(s): Computer science, Mathematical Sciences, Interactive arts and technology, Social Sciences & Humanities, Languages and linguistics
Company: Nexxt Intelligence Inc.
Project Length: 6 months to 1 year
Preferred start date: As soon as possible.
Language requirement: English
Location(s): Toronto, ON, Canada
No. of positions: 3
Desired education level: Master's
About the company:
Nexxt Intelligence is a B2B SaaS business in the market research industry, serving enterprises in the financial services industry and elsewhere who are looking to accelerate and deepen their understanding of consumer behavior. We take deep pride in providing our clients with unique insights through custom research, and our platform inca is built from the ground up to transform market research.
Describe the project.:
Digital qualitative research involves deeply nuanced and semi-structured data, ranging from in-depth video interviews to text-based group dialogues, to complex questionnaire structures with quantitative outputs. Amidst all this data, qualitative researchers are tasked with understanding human behavior.
Nexxt Intelligence is extending their existing market research platform with several far-reaching and innovative features, with the goal of offering ultimate solutions for qualitative researchers. Hence, this project is calling for enhancing features and we require R&D in the following areas:
- incorporating active learning into an AI-in-the-loop text clustering interface
- improving clustering algorithms, including for multilingual texts
- generating sensible follow-up questions within conversational dialogues
- modeling consumer language and its relationship to emotions and behaviors
- extending discourse representation systems across several contexts/domains
- building frontend and backend interfaces for conversational research
- transcribing and analyzing interview videos
The candidates would work closely with the product and development teams to research, experiment, implement, and productionize solutions to these challenges. Candidates will employ a wide variety of state-of-the-art NLP and other machine learning techniques in Python (PyTorch, onnx, etc.), and will build integrations into our MERN stack.
Nexxt Intelligence is looking for candidates with several NLP projects under their belt, a strong fundamental understanding of machine learning, and most importantly a genuine curiosity for how language works. Aside from that, here are some of the skills and experience that will make you stand out, but you are not expected to have all of them:
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Proficiency with Docker and other development tools
- Real-world experience building data pipelines
- Familiarity with MLOps tools such as MLflow
- A passion for conversational design
- Publications and/or a graduate degree in NLP or a related field
- Background in the market and/or qualitative research
- Team management and/or project management experience