Social Media and Digital Marketing Strategies Development - BC-708Project type: Innovation
Desired discipline(s): Business, Social Sciences & Humanities
Company: Soulect Enterprises Inc.
Project Length: 6 months to 1 year
Preferred start date: As soon as possible.
Language requirement: English
Location(s): Vancouver, BC, Canada; Montreal, QC, Canada; Toronto, ON, Canada; Canada
No. of positions: 1
Desired education level: Master'sPhDPostdoctoral fellow
Open to applicants registered at an institution outside of Canada: No
About the company:
Soulect is a company born out of sheer passion. We’re on a mission to improve how humanity lives, through personal development and inner growth.
The main intention of Soulect is to help those on a personal growth journey to become who they want to be and to create a life of their own choosing. That's why we've created this personal development platform where conscious visionaries find each other, form intimate Circles of 5, and support one another in their personal development journey, through ongoing, weekly meetings. The continuity of the Soulect System is what creates the magic of Soulect; the intimacy, trust, and safety within the Circles, which breeds healing and growth.
Our vision is to be in the life of every person on a deliberate growth journey, globally, within the next 10 years.
More information on www.soulect.co
Describe the project.:
After 1 year of business, we are ready to expand Soulect into more lives and serve more people. Soulect operates on a monthly membership model and we have a proven product/market fit as our current members have been with us since day 1! This project is for expanding the business. This means, creating strategies and campaigns that drive site traffic, grow social media channels, and convert traffic into paid monthly memberships. The main objective of this project is to create an excellent and repeatable customer acquisition model through digital marketing with the main goal of company growth.
With the correct target segment, we want to drive site traffic, grow social media channels and convert traffic into loyal paid monthly memberships by developing digital marketing strategy(s) and campaigns to increase Soulect’s online presence. We also want to measure the success of the campaigns using analytics and develop a brand narrative backed by data. Finally, we want to increase organic website traffic with the goal of being the top-ranked result for keywords relating to "personal development groups"
The selected candidate will:
- Review existing rich marketing data collected by founders
- Do some research to find profitable and rankable keywords (short and long-tail)
- Optimize the website's meta descriptions, backlinks, page titles, image Alt tag, content, and consistency of information
- Do an online audit to understand where Soulect stands in the digital world
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies based on findings from the online audit
- Engage on Instagram with the goal of increasing the number of followers
- Plan and execute digital marketing strategy(s) and campaigns, utilizing organic growth as much as possible
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
Position: 6-12 months with the possibility of hiring the intern afterward.
The ideal candidate will:
- Pursue a degree in Marketing, Business, or a relevant field
- Be interested in pursuing a career as an SEO manager, digital marketer, or similar, after graduation
- Have experience in using online tools to create brand awareness with the goal of driving traffic to websites to create sales
- Have knowledge of A/B and other testing methods
- Have strong knowledge and experience with SEO, web traffic metrics, and social media KPIs
- Have excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, and other social media best practices
- Be skilled in running effective Facebook, Instagram, and Google advertising; and able to give a detailed report on advertising results to founders
- Have a strong understanding of Google Analytics
- Have a basic understanding of website management on Wix and be comfortable using Canva, Hootsuite, Plann, and other social media managing software
- Be familiar with the personal development & wellness industry
- Be a motivated self-starter and be comfortable with working in a start-up environment
- Bonus but not required: Know the personal development industry