Th3rdPlace: Peer to peer meetup platform for university students to mitigate loneliness - QC-576Project type: Innovation
Desired discipline(s): Business, Social Sciences & Humanities, Psychology, Sociology
Project Length: 6 months to 1 year
Preferred start date: 06/01/2022
Language requirement: English
Location(s): Remote, or Montreal, QC, Canada
No. of positions: 2
Desired education level: Undergraduate/BachelorMaster'sPhDPostdoctoral fellow
Open to applicants registered at an institution outside of Canada: No
About the company:
Th3rdPlace is a Montreal startup that provides data-driven solutions to post-secondary education building a connected, collaborative campus environment, and strengthening student resilience in response to the emerging mental health problems.
Promoting social connection and cohesion within the campus environment is key to building students’ wellness and resilience. We provide a youth-friendly social platform designed for students to find school peers within their university to do their daily activities such as attending class and studying together. Doing activities on a day-to-day basis and face to face with peers would help students find a sense of belonging and foster meaningful relationships. This kind of social support is a proactive way of building resilience and preventing mental illnesses like depression and anxiety.
Describe the project.:
In this project, we are working with university administrations, student clubs, and associations to:
- Develop in-depth knowledge of university missions, goals, structures, and operational challenges and evaluation methods for student mental health and student campus experience.
- Develop and implement communication plans, outreach, and participate in the negotiation process with Canadian and UK universities
- Collect and evaluate university and student feedback on our web application and help define the product development based on conversations with universities and students.
- Work in close partnership with the university administration, and the department's student clubs to support projects.
- Write, edit and post executive messages and stories to various media, such as websites, e-newsletters, e-broadcasts, and social media.
- Plan and develop campaigns and materials including, promotional copy, presentations, brochures, photos, video clips, web, and social media.
- B2B Sales experience, psychology background, product management
- Demonstrated strategic and leadership skills and track record for creating and sustaining effective communications with stakeholders
- Significant experience working with university communities and knowledge in student campus experience, mental health
- Demonstrated track record of taking initiative, team building, and leadership capacity to bring together diverse stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize, work under pressure and to manage multiple projects with specific deadlines