Customer behaviour analysis in using international payment services - BC-735Project type: Innovation
Desired discipline(s): Engineering - computer / electrical, Engineering, Computer science, Mathematical Sciences, Business, Social Sciences & Humanities
Company: GonnaPay Solutions Ltd.
Project Length: 6 months to 1 year
Preferred start date: As soon as possible.
Language requirement: English
Location(s): Vancouver, BC, Canada; Canada
No. of positions: 2
Desired education level: CollegeUndergraduate/BachelorMaster'sPhDPostdoctoral fellowRecent graduate
Open to applicants registered at an institution outside of Canada: No
About the company:
GonnaPay Solutions Ltd. is a start-up company incorporated in British Columbia of Canada to provide a low-cost and near-instant international payment solution.
The solution is to address the problems of slow processing time and the high cost of international payments currently provided by banks. Besides, most international payments facilitated by traditional banks provide little or no transparency to customers, leading to low satisfaction levels for customers, which needs to be addressed.
GonnaPay Solutions Ltd. aims to provide a cloud-based online platform and mobile application that facilitates near-instant international payment at a comparatively lower cost using BlockChain technology.
Describe the project.:
GonnaPay is in the stage of validating the above-mentioned problems and defining the solution features and priorities to address it.
This project will be divided into 2 phases:
Phase 1 is to conduct market research to investigate the behavior of customers who use international payment services on regular basis. This includes the analysis of the customer’s behaviour in choosing the payment providers, identifying the customer’s experience of making international payments via banks and other payment providers (like Wise, Western Union, etc), and why some of the customers stick to the services from banks even the satisfaction level is low, and what can be done to switch these customers to use a new payment solution. This phase will start with defining the market research approach & methodology, followed by conducting the market research and analyzing/presenting the result.
The results of Phase 1 (Market Research) will serve as the input to Phase 2 of the project which includes defining the solution features and the priorities of the solution based on the output of market research, preparing functional specifications and high-level design of the solution, and developing low-fidelity wireframes for demonstration purpose.
The ideal candidate is equipped with the following skills and knowledge:
- Understanding of market research is required.
- Good understanding of the local culture of Canada.
- Has a basic understanding of the financial/banking industry of Canada. Knowledge of payment and remittance is an advantage but not mandatory.
- Able to define questionnaires for the market research.
- Confident to conduct interviews or surveys via phone calls, zoom, or in-person.
- Equipped with analytical & presentation skills to analyze, consolidate and present the result of the interviews in a systemic way.
- Experience in online research is a plus.
- Knowledge of statistics is a plus.
- Able to interpret and analyze results of market research.
- Experience in preparing user requirement specifications.
- Experience in preparing functional specifications and high-level design in the discipline of software engineering.
- Good understanding of blockchain technology.
- Basic understanding of the financial/banking industry of Canada is a plus.
- Good understanding of the local culture of Canada is a plus.