Applying Machine Learning Techniques for Building E-commerce Platform - BC-773Project type: Research
Desired discipline(s): Engineering - computer / electrical, Engineering, Computer science, Mathematical Sciences
Company: EBP Digital Technologies Inc.
Project Length: Longer than 1 year
Preferred start date: 01/01/2023
Language requirement: English
Location(s): Canada; Canada; Canada
No. of positions: 1
Desired education level: Master'sPhD
Open to applicants registered at an institution outside of Canada: No
About the company:
EBuilding is a digital platform for new build visualization, customization, presale, and material procurement. In the EBuilding digital showroom, we render 2D home blueprints & material data into 3D with building information modeling (BIM) technology and an unreal game engine for visualization and customization. Small developers are able to do presales to generate significant ROI and implement customization plans at low cost & efficiently. EBuilding automatically generates the material list and matches material buyers with the right suppliers, providing a one-stop shop to complete all material purchases. Our mission is to reduce their cost and increase the efficiency of construction projects. We improve and enhance the environment and livelihoods of communities through ethical, sustainable home-building solutions. Our digital platform is used by various stakeholders including Developers, Builders, Homeowners, and Suppliers, and through our Digital Showroom & Smart Procurement Portal, we make home ownership and home-building easy, affordable, fast, and transparent.
Our AI/ML predictive models allow Developers, Builders, and Suppliers to posit the right questions and extrapolate findings when calculating building costs to reduce waste. Our innovative blockchain-based technology supports smarter building contracts between material buyers and suppliers to enforce scope and smart contracts for accelerated payments enforced by payment schedules.
Describe the project.:
Ebuilding is a smart e-commerce platform that requires artificial intelligence (AI).
We want to use algorithms to automate the transaction process. This could include the following applications depending on the intern’s interest and expertise:
- Platform material buyers are matched with qualified suppliers
- Transaction experience is optimized using AI to achieve automation to reduce labor costs
- Collaborate with suppliers who use robots to achieve customization
- Use AI to automate the BIM modeling to increase modeling efficiency
The main tasks to be performed by the candidate are:
- Collect, clean, and manipulate data
- Coordinate with different functional teams and external customers to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Modeling and forecasting supplier and supply chain data to enable more intelligent efficiency for our customers
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Utilize predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, supplier and supply chain, and other business outcomes
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques, and business strategies
- Create experimental frameworks for product development and machine learning to lay a strong data foundation for robust analytics to be performed
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data-gathering techniques
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality
- As a data scientist, you will generate, analyze, innovate and implement data solutions that will drive customer decisions for our customers. You are curious, and inquisitive and possess the ability to communicate seamlessly with technical and non-technical stakeholders. You are motivated by the importance of data-driven work and can help to translate this message across various business lines easily. You are skilled in manipulating data sets and building statistical models, and you invest in continuous learning of new technologies and techniques. You enjoy the challenge of taking mass amounts of information and neatly quantifying it.
- Experience using statistical computer languages, R, Python, SQL, Go, Scala, and other equivalent languages to query and manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Experience working with and creating data architectures
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc
- Experience using AWS web services