Dishwasher detergent product development - BC-827Project type: Research
Desired discipline(s): Chemistry, Natural Sciences
Company: Tru Earth Environmental Products, Inc.
Project Length: 4 to 6 months
Preferred start date: As soon as possible.
Language requirement: English
Location(s): BC, Canada; Canada
No. of positions: 1
Desired education level: PhDPostdoctoral fellow
Open to applicants registered at an institution outside of Canada: No
About the company:
Tru Earth is a company formed to raise awareness about the of impact plastic waste and harmful chemicals are having on our waterways and eco-systems.
Our mission is to provide our #TruChangeMakers with eco-friendly plastic-& chemical-free alternatives to reduce their carbon footprints and enact global change.
We’re proud to say that our flagship laundry eco-strips are environmentally-friendly, plastic & chemical-free, clean the same as our liquid and powder-based competitors and boast the following attributes:
▪ Compostable packaging eliminates plastics and reduces transportation pollution by 94%
▪ 100% non-toxic products means no chemical or pollutant leaching
Safe & Effective
▪ Natural ingredients that perform to the same standard as chemical-based and
▪ Tru Earth’s chemical-free strips are designed for the most sensitive skins of
adults and children alike
Eco-Strip Product Certifications
▪ Free of added dyes
▪ Free of chlorine bleach
▪ Free of 1,4-dioxane, as certified by independent laboratory tests
▪ Biodegradable in accordance with OECD 310D
▪ Hypoallergenic, certified by independent dermatologists
▪ No testing on animals by
Describe the project.:
To produce an eco-friendly dishwashing product that can be duplicated in a manufacturing layout. Tru Earth was supplied an eco-friendly dishwasher formula from a benchtop formulator. The company has been experiencing challenges to duplicate the formula and process in a manufacturing environment. The goal of this project is to incorporate this bench top formula into a manufacturing friendly formula and to ensure that the product performs well in a dishwasher. The understanding of the interactions of the chemical ingredients during fabrication is essential to the success of this project and the impact that the process has on the product during manufacturing. Tru Earth would then adjust the formula to enable it to be produced in a manufacturing friendly layout.
● Chemical knowledg
● Formulation knowledge
● Chemical mixing understanding
● Product testing against performance parameters