Mitacs Converge is a pilot program which aims to grow small to medium enterprises (SMEs) and other companies in Canada by connecting them with multinational sponsor companies and talented researchers at Canadian universities to collaborate on industrial research challenges of mutual interest. The resulting research, development and commercialization projects – cost-shared and administered by Mitacs – provide economic benefit for both.
Mitacs Converge will:
- Facilitate key connections between SMEs, sponsor companies and researchers
- Help SMEs access pre-defined customers, global markets and export opportunities
- Help sponsor companies access specialized research and business innovation within Canadian firms and world-class universities and colleges
- Provide new and broadened research, training and career opportunities for students and postdoctoral fellows
- Enable participating SMEs to leverage their R&D budgets with cost-sharing and Mitacs matching funds
- Reduce administrative burden for companies by overseeing project management and administration
Please contact Mitacs at converge(at)mitacs.ca for more information.