Fall 2021 call for proposals has been launched! Learn more about our new Elevate thematic funding opportunity and start planning your project now. The application portal will open at the end of November.
New for our Fall 2021 call! Eligible applicants are welcome to apply for our Elevate thematic funding opportunity for a total research grant of $80,000 per year for projects addressing at least one of the key priority sectors of artificial intelligence, biomanufacturing, clean tech, or quantum science.
- Fellows receive a $70,000 minimum annual stipend/salary and an exclusive professional development curriculum valued at $4,000 per year
- Partner organizations contribute $40,000 per year
- This includes stipend support for fellows and up to $10,000 per year in research costs for equipment, additional research personnel, conference travel, and publishing costs
Elevate thematic call priority sectors are defined as:
- Artiﬁcial Intelligence (AI): projects must focus on the development or application of systems able to perform tasks that normally require human intelligence such as learning, prediction, decision-making, or perception of surroundings. Projects under this theme should contribute to the advancement of research in AI or use AI as their main methodology (i.e., Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Automation and Robotics, or Machine Vision) to achieve their objectives.
- Quantum Science: projects must be related to the development of quantum technologies. This includes quantum materials, quantum information, quantum computing, quantum theory, and quantum cryptography.
- Biomanufacturing: projects must be focused on the manufacturing of biomaterials and biomolecules, inclusive of technologies and bioengineering focusing on therapeutics, medicines, vaccines, food and beverage processing, and industrial applications.
- Clean tech: projects are expected to involve the use of innovative technologies to positively impact land, air, or water. This includes key areas in the following sectors: transportation, energy generation and storage, waste and sustainable materials, built environment, agriculture, and food services.
IMPORTANT: Projects will be automatically considered for the Elevate standard call if they are deemed to insufficiently address the thematic call priority sectors. Results for the Elevate standard call are expected in June 2022.
Explore enhanced leveraging opportunities available to your partner organization with your local business development representative.