Process Analytical Tools, Flow Cytometry and Raman Analysis for Cell Viability Studies
The objective is to develop an in-line Process Analytical Technology (PAT) tool to monitor viability and biomass levels at the fermentation stage bacterial organisms.
The Master student will be engaged in the development of the PAT tool for deployment into a state-of-the-art vaccine manufacturing facility. The student will use benchtop tools such as flow cytometry to monitor the bacterial fermentation process and develop correlations to the inline measurements. This work will be conducted as follows:
• Develop flow cytometry method for monitoring cell viability for both seed expansion and fermentation phases.
• Develop correlations with inline PAT and offline viability measurements
• Develop methodology and general protocol for the usage flow cytometry to monitor bacterial cell viability.
• Validate PAT model against in process measurements.
• Generate report summarizing work performed.