Volunteer Coordinator - ON-563Genre de projet: Non-recherche
Discipline(s) souhaitée: Éducation, Sciences sociales et humaines
Entreprise: Science Teachers’ Association of Ontario
Durée du projet: 4 to 6 months
Preferred start date: As soon as possible.
Langue exigée: English with some French proficiency
Emplacement(s): ON, Canada; Canada
Nombre de postes: 1
Niveau de scolarité désiré: Études de premier cycle/baccalauréatNouvelle diplômée/nouveau diplômé
Au sujet de l’entreprise:
The Science Teachers’ Association of Ontario (STAO) is a 130-year-old member-based organization that provides resources, professional learning, and networking opportunities to over 3,500 science educators from kindergarten to grade 12 in the province of Ontario.
Veuillez décrire le projet.:
STAO is currently looking for a Coordinator to work on a six-month project basis to update and expand our volunteer program resources. The key responsibilities for the person contracted for this role will be to:
- Work with our Director of Volunteer Engagement and our Executive Director to create a volunteer onboarding process (application forms, interview process, orientation, etc.);
- Work with the Governance and Nominating Committee and Executive Director to finalize policies and procedures applicable to STAO's volunteers;
- Work with our Website Development Team to create a virtual volunteer job posting board to recruit new STAO volunteers;
- Work with our Director of Volunteer Engagement to create an annual volunteer feedback survey ;
- Work with our President to create a process and template for our monthly volunteer newsletter; and
- Work with our Web Development Team to create a volunteer database.
This position will be highly collaborative and will involve working closely with STAO's volunteers. It will be remote. It will be a six-month contract position and will require the successful applicant to work hours outside of normal business hours in order to accommodate the schedules of our volunteers. The successful applicant will ideally be experienced in working directly with and managing volunteers and should have a working knowledge of best practices when working with volunteers and setting up volunteer onboarding programs.
Expertise ou compétences exigées:
Bilingualism and project management experience are strong assets for this role.