Production of bacterial exopolysaccharide to combat water stress - INT-0014Discipline(s) souhaitée: Biochimie / biologie moléculaire, Sciences de la vie, Microbiologie / immunologie, Agriculture, Sciences naturelles
Entreprise: OCP Group
Durée du projet: 4 to 6 months
Preferred start date: As soon as possible.
Langue exigée: Flexible
Emplacement(s): TBD, Maroc
Nombre de postes: 6
Au sujet de l’entreprise:
A world leader in the phosphate market, OCP is a key actor on the international market, since its creation in 1920. Present along the entire supply chain, OCP extracts, prices and commercializes phosphate and phosphate products, in particular phosphoric acid and fertilizers. OCP is the first worldwide producer and exporter of phosphate rock and phosphoric acid. It is also one of the largest fertilizer producers in the world. OCP exports raw phosphate, phosphoric acid and phosphate fertilizers worldwide. They have 20,000 employees and run four mining sites and two chemical complexes. For more information visit their website at https://www.ocpgroup.ma/en
Veuillez décrire le projet.:
The project aims to develop a product improving the resistance of plants to water stress. The product can be an exopolysaccharide-producing bacterium (EPS) or an exopolysaccharide gel produced by the bacteria.
The project is part of an integrated service, starting with the selection of microorganisms and ending with the development of the production process book and the study of product stability, while passing through testing. efficiency. The project can be structured as follows:
• Isolation and screening of EPS-producing bacteria;
• Identification of selected strains;
• Pot inoculation test (culture to be defined) and performance measurement;
• Optimization of the production of the strain / EPS;
• Formulation (of bacteria or EPS);
• Stability study;
• Field trials.
- If there is another product different from the EPS or EPS producing bacteria which has demonstrated its effectiveness in combating water stress, it would be possible to test this product directly.
- it is possible to test a product / strain directly without going through a screening operation if its effectiveness is already validated.
Expertise ou compétences exigées:
Academic researchers with graduate students in the following disciplines are encouraged to contact us to discuss the research project, approach and methodology.
Biotechnology / Microbiology-Agronomy