Elevate proposals are now accepted all year round. Click here to apply!
About the program
Mitacs Elevate is a postdoctoral fellowship with an exclusive professional development curriculum component. Fellows address complex challenges through:
- A one or two-year research project with a partner organization in need of high-level expertise
- A professional development curriculum that prepares Elevate fellows for success as leaders in research and industry
Fellows progress through the program in a cohort, giving them cross-disciplinary networking and peer-learning opportunities they might not have otherwise in their careers.
Over the one or two-year fellowship, fellows divide their time between their partner organization's project and academic institution-based research with their academic supervisor.
The Elevate program offers:
1. An award valued at $60,000 per year with a minimum stipend of $55,000
- Partner organization contributes $30,000 per year
2. An exclusive professional development curriculum
3. Proposal assistance, including application feedback, from a Mitacs Advisor
4. Certificate of completion after receipt of their exit survey and final report submission