Partner organizations are eligible if:
- They are Canadian or a Canadian location of a foreign-owned organization
- They are end users of the research
- They have an office or site where the fellow undertakes at least 50% of the fellowship interacting with the partner
- They are for-profit corporations and crown corporations receiving no more than 50% of their revenues from government sources
- They are eligible not-for-profit (NFP) corporations such as industry associations, charitable organizations, and economic development organizations.
- Please contact Mitacs to discuss the eligibility of an NFP organization before submission of the completed application package
- All research projects in collaboration with an NFP corporations must demonstrate an economic or productivity orientation such as creating new jobs, reducing costs of goods or services, or increasing productivity in a process or industry.
- They are a hospital or municipality in Canada.
- Please contact Mitacs to discuss the eligibility of projects with hospitals, or municipalities before submission of the completed application package
- All research projects in collaboration with a hospital, or municipality must demonstrate an economic or productivity orientation such as creating new jobs, reducing costs of goods or services, or increasing productivity in a process or industry.
Examples of eligible research include:
- Examining the barriers to meaningful employment of blind Canadians
- Anticipated research outcome: improved employment opportunities for an underemployed population
- Creating themed video games and apps for a theatre festival.
- Anticipated research outcome: festival gains new audience and attendance is increased
- Developing a pilot program that helps stroke victims return to work
- Anticipated research outcome: implementation of the program to facilitate shorter recovery times and a faster return to the workplace
- For more details on eligible research, please visit here
Ineligible organizations include:
- Government departments, agencies or ministries
- Academic institutions
- Indigenous governments
- Foreign companies
Questions about Mitacs Elevate eligibility? Contact a Mitacs representative.