Programmatic update on COVID-19 (coronavirus) – March 20, 2020
Vancouver, BC — As the landscape around COVID-19 continues to change, our priority of supporting global public health remains steadfast.
We are monitoring this unprecedented situation and are taking action to support the health and safety of our staff, participants, and stakeholders. In response to federal and provincial directives, we have made a number of changes to our business operations.
Globalink Research Internship (GRI)
- We are cancelling the Globalink Research Internship program this summer. We are working with participants on immediate actions, including covering incurred, non-refundable costs.
- Questions may be directed to email@example.com.
- We are continuing with the 2021 Globalink Research Internship Faculty call.
Globalink Research Awards (GRA) and Accelerate International
- For inbound Globalink Research Awards and Accelerate International participants who are currently in Canada, we expect them to work with their home and host universities to determine the best course of action.
- For outbound participants who are currently abroad, we expect them to work with their home and host universities to determine the best course of action.
- For Accelerate International interns who are requesting work-from-home options, we are examining them on a case-by-case basis.
- We are working toward alternatives for those GRA and Accelerate International students who have been approved recently, but have not yet travelled.
- GRA questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org and Accelerate International questions to email@example.com.
Mitacs Entrepreneur International
- We are working with Mitacs Entrepreneur International participants through one-on-one means.
- The contact for related questions is an online form.
Accelerate and Elevate
- We expect that interns and fellows are following partner and university work-from-home procedures.
- We are supporting changes and accommodations to projects on a case-by-case basis.
- Accelerate and Elevate questions should go to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, respectively.
- We are continuing with the Elevate call, as scheduled.
- We are moving all courses online.
All Mitacs staff members have moved to work-from home protocols and are using supporting technology. Our teams remain operational and reachable.
We thank the community for their patience and will continue to adapt as the situation evolves.