- 0December 2012My experiences with Mitacs-Accelerate have set me apart from my PhD student peers, as I now feel more comfortable in an industry environment – and even prefer it over an academic one.
- 0December 2012The Mitacs-Accelerate program gives students the best of both worlds when it comes to academia and industry-driven research and development.
- 0December 2012I feel more confident in leading research projects within strict deadlines, and to collaborate in ways that cater to individual students’ learning and personality styles. I have also learned a great deal about industry expectations which will help me enter my desired field and find a career placement.
- 0December 2012The commemorative medal was created to mark the 2012 celebrations of the 60th anniversary of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s accession to the Throne as Queen of Canada, and serves to honour significant contributions and achievements by Canadians.
- 0December 2012The Mitacs Elevate program gave me the opportunity to work collaboratively with others and it opened my eyes to the industrial world of "deliverables" and "milestones".
- 0November 2012Rohan saw AV Nackawic’s energy-efficiency problem as the perfect opportunity to develop the practical understanding of industrial processes he was missing in his academic studies.
- 0November 2012After having come to Canada for a summer English language camp in 2010, Barbara Paes of Universidade de Brasília was always looking for opportunities to return to Canada. So when her friend told her about the Mitacs Globalink program one week before the application deadline, she hurried to apply before it was too late.
- 0November 2012During his recent visit to India, Canada’s Natural Resources Minister, Joe Oliver met with some of the brightest minds the Indian Institute of Technology-Bombay has to offer at an event meant to foster future opportunities for collaboration between India and Canada.
- 0November 2012Rafael Falcon had no idea that winning a poster competition organized by the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Ottawa would generate the attention needed to land his dream job.
- 0November 2012“This has been so much more than a summer internship,” says Nayantara Duttachoudhury of the Vellore Institute of Technology, “—it has been a complete experience of Canada.”
- 0November 2012Before Binbin Wang’s Mitacs-Accelerate internship with energy company Nexen Inc., he knew “next to nothing” about crude oil trading.
- 0October 2012From Angry Birds to Google Maps, there seems to be an endless number of mobile phone applications for Smartphones. But how many apps can help save a life?