- 0October 2012Mitacs-Accelerate is allowing our company to create an off-the-shelf and user-friendly tool that will allow artists to add 3D layers to their work in spatial drawing applications. We hope that it eventually become an industry-standard stereoscopic 3D animation tool.
- 0October 2012Since he was a young boy in India, Gurpreet Sandhu dreamed of coming to Canada for his post-secondary education at an institution that would provide him with the skills and education he needed to pursue a career and life abroad.
- 0October 2012As property values in surrounding neighbourhoods have increased, not-for-profit organizations in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside, which provide services to some of Canada’s most vulnerable people, have felt tremendous pressure to secure spaces where they are needed most.
- 0September 2012The company is working with tight industry deadlines, hoping to commercialize their fuel cells for use in consumer vehicles within a few years’ time whilst competing against the likes of Hyundai and Toyota. As part of its bid to be on the cutting-edge of the technology, AFCC engaged in a Mitacs Elevate Post-Doctoral Fellowshi
- 0September 2012For Nitin, coming to Canada for the summer was an adventure in a number of ways as he had never travelled away from home on his own before.
- 0September 2012David Quiroz Marin has developed a system to visualize the evolution of a software program from its first inception to the latest edition.
- 0September 2012AllerGen’s 50+ trainees learned how to refresh, build and make the most of their existing networks at the Mitacs Step workshop. For AllerGen’s trainees, the benefits of the workshop were immediate with many reporting having put a number of networking tips into practice shortly after the event.
- 0September 2012“I now know that I made exactly the right decision… I have been exposed to inspiring researchers in high quality research environments, and the people in Canada are friendly, too!”
- 0September 2012Side Effects Software turned to Yeleiny Bonilla through Mitacs Accelerate for web performance expertise.
- 0September 2012Murtaza Saif says that the hands-on experience he gained while working with Dr. Filip Van Petegem and his team let him build a valuable new skill-set that he didn’t expect to gain.
- 0August 2012When a chance for Pragyan Hazarika to take part in a Mitacs Globalink summer research internship came along, he knew it was his chance to use his skills at a top university in Canada.
- 0August 2012With the help of Mitacs Accelerate intern, Talia Webber, Orpyx is performing research to evaluate the device’s ability to accurately measure foot pressures, an important step in the development and commercialization of the product.