Mitacs has partnered with SFU Beedie’s established Invention to Innovation (i2I) program to provide entrepreneurship training for Mitacs interns, fellows and recent alumni. Over the 7 months, participants develop an entrepreneurial mindset to help them commercialize their inventions. Participants also develop translational skills, enabling research scientists to contribute to new product development and commercialization in industry.
Through the Mitacs Invention to Innovation (i2I) Skills Training, you will:
- Define and iterate on an innovation idea
- Validate your business model – test and retest assumptions/hypotheses
- Gain proficiency in frameworks and skills relevant to science technology commercialization
- Increase chances of success in your commercialization of a novel product or service
- Make a real-world impact with your scientific invention
For more information, check out the i2I Skills Training page: