Participants in one or more of the following Mitacs programs as an undergraduate, master’s, doctoral, or postdoctoral researcher:
- Accelerate, Elevate, Globalink, Entrepreneur International, or Business Strategy Internship
- Training (formerly Step): completion of at least two Training courses and demonstration of how this experience inspired the entrepreneurship
The company must have commercialized its product or service, or be in the pre-commercialization stage, and must also meet the following criteria:
- The business is registered within Canada as a corporation or cooperative
- The business cannot be owned by, or a subsidiary of, a parent corporation
- The operations of the business will benefit Canadians or the Canadian economy for example, through the creation of jobs, intellectual property, or innovative products or services
Applicants must be a founder or member of the senior leadership team (e.g., Chief Technology Officer, etc.) of the company for which they are applying.