To apply, you must have participated in one or more of the following Mitacs programs as an undergraduate, master’s, doctoral, or postdoctoral researcher:
- Accelerate, Elevate, Globalink, or Converge
- Training (formerly Step): you must have completed at least two Training courses and demonstrate how your participation inspired your entrepreneurship
Through your application, you are declaring that you represent the company for which you are applying. To be eligible, your company must have commercialized its product or service, or be in the pre-commercialization stage, and must also meet the following criteria:
- The business is registered within Canada as a corporation or cooperative
- The business cannot be owned by, or a subsidiary of, a parent corporation
- The operations of the business will benefit Canadians or the Canadian economy for example, through the creation of jobs, intellectual property, or innovative products or services
To be eligible to win the award, you must be a founder or member of the senior leadership team (e.g. Chief Technology Officer, etc.) of the company for which you are applying.
The awards will be presented at a ceremony in Vancouver on May 27 (new date), and winners will be invited to participate in marketing and media relations activities. Attendance at the awards ceremony is mandatory in order to receive the award.