To apply, you must have participated in one or more of the following Mitacs programs as an undergraduate, master’s, doctoral, or postdoctoral researcher:
- Accelerate, Elevate, Converge, Globalink: any participant of these programs is eligible
- Step/Training: participants must have completed at least two Step/Training workshops and demonstrate how your participation inspired your entrepreneurship
Through your application, you are declaring that you represent the company for which you are applying. To be eligible, your company must have commercialized its product or service, or be in the pre-commercialization stage, and are welcome to apply given the following criteria:
- The business is incorporated as a for-profit or not-for-profit corporation within Canada
- The operations of the business will benefit Canadians or the Canadian economy
- The business cannot be owned by, or a subsidiary of, a parent corporation
- The business is not a sole proprietorship
To be eligible to win the award, you must be a founder or member of the senior leadership team (e.g. Chief Technology Officer, etc.) of the company for which you are applying.
The awards will be presented at a ceremony in Montreal in early June and winners will be invited to participate in marketing and media relations activities. Recipients outside of the Montreal area will receive travel and accommodation to attend the event.