Fall 2021 call for proposals has been launched! Learn more about enhanced funding for AI, cleantech, quantum science, and biomanufacturing.
About the program
Mitacs Elevate helps partner organizations build their business with support from top-ranked, highly trained research talent. Participating fellows work closely with partner organizations to understand their business needs and apply research principles to address these needs.
Participating partner organizations build crucial relationships, oversee development, and access academic institution resources that may otherwise be unavailable.
Elevate partner organizations can also:
- Assess potential research managers with minimal impact on existing budgets
- Develop strategic networks with researchers, professors, and academic institutions
- Leverage their research budget
Partner organizations contribute $30,000 per year for a total research grant of $60,000 per year.
This includes stipend support for fellows and up to $5,000 in research costs for equipment, additional research personnel, conference travel and publishing costs. Explore enhanced leveraging opportunities available to your partner organization with your local business development representative.
New for our Fall 2021 call! Eligible applicants are welcome to apply for our Elevate thematic funding opportunity:
- Partner organizations contribute $40,000 per year for a total research grant of $80,000 per year for projects addressing at least one of the key priority sectors of artificial intelligence, biomanufacturing, clean tech, or quantum science
- This includes stipend support for fellows and up to $10,000 per year in research costs for equipment, additional research personnel, conference travel and publishing costs