Please note: the Business Strategic Internship (BSI) is now open nationally. Please contact a Business Development representative if you are unsure of your specific situation or if you have any questions.
For academic institutions interested in participating in the Business Strategy Internship (BSI) program:
- Academic institutions can connect with their local Business Development representative to discuss joining the BSI program.
For partner organizations (companies, not-for-profits, municipalities, or hospitals) interested in participating in the BSI program:
- Partner organizations can connect with their local Business Development representative to discuss applying for BSI program funding.
Interested parties can apply directly through the Mitacs Registration and Application Portal (RAP):
- The proposal template will be provided through the RAP.
- You can also download the template here for review prior to submission.
- BSI interns cannot have a Conflict of Interest (COI); projects with intern COIs will not be approved.
- Any COIs involving the academic supervisor and the partner organization must be disclosed to Mitacs during the application process and will be reviewed by the Mitacs COI committee. Please visit the Mitacs Conflict of Interest Policy for more information.
- If a COI exists, we suggest that you contact the Business Development representative for your region prior to starting an application to ensure that you are eligible for the program.
When applying through the RAP
- Please watch the following video for how to apply through the RAP.
- The project start date listed in your application should be at least six weeks later than your submission date to allow Mitacs the appropriate time to process your application.
- Your project start date will be confirmed in your Outcome Letter once your project has been approved.
- If you start a project before receiving funds from Mitacs, you do so at your own risk. Mitacs will not reimburse for work completed prior to receiving funding.
If you have any questions about the Business Strategy Internship (BSI) program, please email the Business Strategy Internship team.