About the Program
In partnership with Canadian academic institutions, Mitacs is pleased to offer the Business Strategy Internship (BSI). BSI is a four-month internship program designed to give students the opportunity to develop a strategic analysis for an organization to help restore or modify business operations in the new economic environment. Participating partner organizations will contribute $5,000 for a total award of $10,000 to be used towards a student stipend.
Throughout the internship, Mitacs provides professional development opportunities to students through our e-Campus, EDGE.
The BSI program aims to:
- Provide students with the opportunity to apply business concepts and theories to real-world scenarios
- Provide support to organizations that need additional assistance in modifying their business operations to adapt to the new economic reality
- Build students’ skills in communication, problem solving, innovation, resilience, managing complexity, navigating change, business continuity planning, and allow them to apply their education through an experiential learning opportunity
- Provide training and career opportunities for students by creating new connections with faculty, businesses, and communities
- Encourage collaborations and strengthen connections between industry and academic institutions
To learn more about the program, see the How to Apply tab.