The call for applications will be closed on midnight, PT (Pacific Time) on Mar 1.
About the Program
In partnership with Canadian academic institutions, Mitacs is pleased to offer the Business Strategy Internship (BSI). BSI is a four-month internship program designed to give students the opportunity to develop a strategic analysis for an organization to help restore or modify business operations in the new economic environment. Participating partner organizations will contribute $5,000 for a total award of $10,000 to be used towards a student stipend.
Throughout the internship, Mitacs provides professional development opportunities to students through our e-Campus, EDGE.
The BSI program aims to:
- Provide students with the opportunity to apply business concepts and theories to real-world scenarios
- Provide support to organizations that need additional assistance in modifying their business operations to adapt to the new economic reality
- Build students’ skills in communication, problem solving, innovation, resilience, managing complexity, navigating change, business continuity planning, and allow them to apply their education through an experiential learning opportunity
- Provide training and career opportunities for students by creating new connections with faculty, businesses, and communities
- Encourage collaborations and strengthen connections between industry and academic institutions
To learn more about the program, see the How to Apply tab.