About the Program
Mitacs Entrepreneur International offers a travel grant to Canadian start-ups that are housed in a university-linked incubator or accelerator to connect them with host incubators abroad and explore new business development opportunities in international markets. The Mitacs Entrepreneur International program invites application submissions on a year-round basis.
Canadian start-ups receive a travel grant of up to $5,000 to connect with a host incubator in an eligible new target market. Through the program, start-ups:
- Create direct linkages with their international target market
- Grow their knowledge of international market opportunities and potential sources of investment
- Build new clients, partnerships and business opportunities to scale their company
Participants submit their application and budget detailing a travel plan that supports growth goals in at least one of the following categories:
- Exploring an international target market
- Seeking international investment
- Scaling up your start-up internationally
Successful applicants receive a travel grant to support eligible business travel costs for up to two (2) full-time equivalent employees, founders, or owners:
- Flights and/or ground transit to target market country
- Transportation costs in target market country
- Per diem
See our Eligibility tab for a complete list of eligible applicants, markets, activities and expenses.