- Potential fellows review and select the projects and submit their applications to Mitacs between January 4, 2018 and March 4, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. PT.
- Applications must be submitted through the fellow web form.
- One letter of support should address comments around the quality of your research work and experience. The other letter should focus more on your suitability for the program (for example, leadership experience and potential, communication skills, capacity to make connections between scientific research and broader economic, social, or political issues).
- If your references wish to submit their letters of support directly, they must email policyfellowship(at)mitacs.ca (by March 4, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. PT). If you choose this option, ensure your references are aware of the deadline so that your application is complete and eligible for consideration.
Adjudication and matching
Mitacs administers the fellowship adjudication and matching through the following process:
- Reviewing eligibility of host and fellow applicants
- Providing a short list of applicants to host departments, who then interview and rank candidates
- Upon receipt of hosts’ rankings, matching applicants and hosts
- September–November: call for host projects
- January–March: call for fellow applications
- March–April: Mitacs adjudicates applications and creates short list for hosts’ review
- May: Host offices interview potential fellows
- June: Mitacs confirms fellowship matches and fellows prepare to relocate, if applicable
- September: fellowships begin, Mitacs hosts orientation session, and training program begins