The call for fellows and host office submissions are now closed.
- Applications must be submitted through the fellow webform.
- Two letters of reference are required. One letter of support should address comments around the quality of your research work and experience. The other letter should focus more on your suitability for the program (for example, leadership experience and potential, communication skills, capacity to make connections between scientific research and broader economic, social, or political issues).
- If your references wish to submit their letters of support directly, they must email policyfellowship(at)mitacs.ca. If you choose this option, ensure your references are aware of the deadline so that your application is complete and eligible for consideration.
- Host offices are required to submit their position description through the host submission webform
- Fellow applicants are encouraged to review the fellow application guidelines prior to submitting their application.
- Host offices are encouraged to review the host submission guidelines.
Adjudication and matching
Mitacs administers the fellowship adjudication and matching through the following process:
- Initial screening of applications for eligibility of host and fellow applicants
- Convening a panel of adjudicators to review & evaluate eligible applicants based on Mitacs criteria (excellence in research, leadership, communication, and commitment to the objectives of the program) to develop a list of semi-finalist fellowship candidates for the program
- Providing a list of semi-finalist applicants to host offices, who then interview and rank candidates
- Upon receipt of hosts’ and fellows’ interview rankings, facilitating the matching of applicants and hosts based on mutual interest and fit
- November–March: hosts submit their position descriptions
- November–February: call for fellow applications to the program
- February–April: Mitacs facilitates adjudication of applications and creates semi-finalist applicant list for hosts to review
- May: Host offices review applications and share host position descriptions with potential fellows for interviews
- June: Mitacs confirms fellowship matches and fellows prepare to relocate, if applicable
- September: fellowships begin, Mitacs hosts orientation session, and training program begins