A Mitacs Accelerate application is comprised of the following documents:
- The proposal completed on the prepared template and submitted electronically. Proposals should be written in plain language but should also include relevant technical detail.
- The Memorandum signed by all partners (the intern, academic supervisor, partner supervisor and a representative from the Office of Research Services*).
- A current C.V. of the proposed intern (C.V. template is available if needed)
- Conflict of Interest Declaration form if applicable. (See the Conflict of Interest section in the Mitacs Accelerate Program Guide.)
- Supporting documents if applicable. Additional documents may be required to support the proposal application. The proposal template outlines when these documents are needed.
To apply for a Mitacs Accelerate internship cluster, please contact your business development representative.
* Academic supervisors must request approval from their Office of Research Services and the approval signature must be included on the Memorandum submitted with the proposal. (Prior to submitting your proposal for ORS approval, please ensure you contact a Business Development Director who will review your draft)
- Mitacs Accelerate Proposal template
- Intern C.V template
- Conflict of Interest Declaration
- Ontario Notice of Collection of Personal Information and Consent
Please note that you are required to:
- Prepare a final report at the conclusion of the project which details the research performed, its results and any recommendations
- Complete an exit survey within one month of the completion of the internship
Frequently Asked accelerate Questions
Mitacs works to connect industry with the most appropriate university expertise to solve challenges identified by the company. With the large number of potential interns seeking industrial partners, Mitacs cannot offer individualized matching to a particular researcher however, you can consult our suggestions as to how to go about finding a partner company.
Normally interns are expected to spend at least 50% of their internship with the company at their site(s). If your host company is in a remote location or there are other unique circumstances that challenge the interaction, you may request flexibility for a lower ratio of interaction with the company. Please consult with your business development representative while writing your proposal.
Although Mitacs does not have any restrictions, many other granting agencies do not allow fellowship and studentship recipients to hold certain grants concurrently. Please check with the relevant council or agency for current information regarding your specific grant prior to applying.
The vast majority of Mitacs Accelerate Internships are funded in part by the national IRDI program, which limits industrial partners to privately owned or incorporated for-profit Canadian companies. In some regions, there may be additional funding from other sources to support a limited number of partnerships with not-for-profit or government entities. Please contact a Business Development representative in your region to determine if such funding is available.
Latest accelerate News
Mitacs-Accelerate has been invaluable in establishing that link and in the process maybe dispelling some of the myths around academic work as well. Because of Accelerate, I am able to bring what I think is cutting edge academic research knowledge to industry in a format that benefits both me and the partner companies. Thank you for the opportunity.