Vancouver, BC — As the landscape around COVID-19 continues to change, our priority of supporting global public health remains steadfast.
We are monitoring this unprecedented situation and are taking action to support our staff, participants, and stakeholders. In response to federal and provincial directives, we have made a number of changes to our business operations.
Globalink Research Internship (GRI)
- We are cancelling the Globalink Research Internship program this summer and, unfortunately, will not have the opportunity to welcome senior undergraduates from our partner countries to Canadian universities. We are working with participants on immediate actions, including covering incurred, non-refundable costs.
- Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are continuing with the 2021 Globalink Research Internship Faculty call.
Globalink Research Awards (GRA) and Accelerate International
- For inbound Globalink Research Awards and Accelerate International participants who are currently in Canada, we strongly advise them to make immediate arrangements to consult with their home and host universities, end their project activities, and return home.
- For outbound participants who are currently abroad, we strongly advise them to make immediate arrangements to consult with their home and host universities, end their project activities, and return home.
- For Accelerate International interns who are requesting work-from-home options, we are examining them on a case-by-case basis.
- We are working toward alternatives for those GRA and Accelerate International students who have been approved recently, but have not yet travelled.
- GRA questions may be directed to email@example.com and Accelerate International questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mitacs Entrepreneur International
- We are working with Mitacs Entrepreneur International participants through one-on-one means.
- The contact for related questions is an online form.
- We are moving all courses online.
Accelerate and Elevate
- We are continuing with the Elevate call, as scheduled.
- We are looking at how Accelerate and Elevate programs are currently being affected and will be affected in the future.
- We expect that interns and fellows are following partner and university work-from-home procedures.
- We will share more updates on these programs soon.
All Mitacs staff members have moved to work-from-home protocols and are using supporting technology. Our teams remain operational and reachable.
We thank the community for their patience and will continue to adapt as the situation evolves.