How to apply
Interns travelling internationally (whether to or from Canada) for an Accelerate project must visit our Accelerate International page for additional instructions and requirements.
1. Review the following information when you begin writing your proposal:
2. Get feedback on the proposal from all participants and your Mitacs business development representative
3. Collect all required signatures: intern(s), professor(s), partner contact, and university Office of Research Services or equivalent
4. Email your proposal package to your Mitacs representative
What happens next
- Peer review of your proposal will take approximately six to eight weeks. Proposals with multiple internships or that require revisions may take longer.
- Partner organizations will receive an invoice (refundable if not approved), so that the intern receives payment when the project begins
- Mitacs will contact all participants with the outcome and applicable instructions.
- Mitacs forwards the Accelerate funds to the academic institution upon receipt of the partner contribution and the proposal’s approval.